An end and new beginning 一個結束和新的開始

I was looking at my comic strips printed out before my computer broke down. I found out that after all these years, my favorite is still the old comics that I drew in my Taiwanese blog, literally translated as "rich lady series". Maybe I'm really vain and materialistic? Or maybe I really enjoyed drawing comics without the black boxes with complete freedom to escape the boundaries? Or maybe I just write better in Chinese? Or was it due to stress from slow growth of FB fans?

Although my computer broke down, I talked with a few new friends. One of them actually gave me a wise advise... don't worry about these, the most important thing is to enjoy the creation process. Many people told me the same thing before but those words just didn't penetrate through my skull. But somehow this time, it did. So I reflected on why I enjoyed drawing the old series.

1) Writing the dialogues in Chinese somehow makes my expressions more exaggerated?
2) I prefer drawing without those boxes.
3) I prefer to be depicted as a rich lady (with my old branded bag)

There has been feedback that my theme wasn't clear so I'd decided to just draw about my life in Japan! If it is well-received, I will also self-publish a comic book on Amazon too! Cool right? Hahaha <- in serious hallucination.

Finally I can feel that Spring is coming today and Sakura in Tokyo is expected to bloom this weekend. A new season, a new feeling and a new start. Thank you for sticking around and may you continue to accompany me and Kopi (dog's new name) in this new journey :)

在電腦掛掉之前,把之前畫的漫畫都印出來了。看著看著,最喜歡的系列...還是以前在無名小站畫的“貴婦系列”。可能我愛慕虛榮?還是比較喜歡沒有格子的格式?愛自由?還是比較喜歡用中文創作?還是臉書沒增加很多粉絲,所以感到困惑和壓力?

回到新加坡有一些收獲,雖然電腦掛了,卻約了一些人聊天。其中一名朋友的朋友給了我一個建議。不如不去煩惱這些,最重要的是自己要享受作畫的過程。喔...真是一言驚醒夢中人!那要怎麼又享受,又能得到更多讀者呢?

第一:要瞭解自己最喜歡什麼
1) 我似乎用中文寫會比較有戲劇性,用英文會比較冷靜。
2) 我也好像比較喜歡沒有格子的創作,感覺自由。
3) 我還是喜歡當貴婦XD

也有朋友說我的主題不明確,所以我決定改畫關於在日本的生活!
做得好,說不定真能出書喔!哇哈哈哈~~~ ←進入妄想狀態中...

今天終於感覺春天要來了!東京的櫻花可能這個週末就會盛開喔!新的季節,新的心情,新的出發。謝謝你們陪著我:)

Comments

  1. 所以貴婦要復出了???
    那將可以得知勞力士的零用錢會........怎麼樣呢??>___0

    ReplyDelete
  2. 小卓:哈哈,有時出現吧?畢竟我還是沒工作...嗚~
    不過還是很會花錢...真是的...
    勞力士改名嘍!叫Kopi!Kopi的意思是咖啡。但是中文名叫咖啡好像沒什麼創意歐...有什麼好點子嗎?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 叫"塞巴斯醬"

    給他當執事很不錯ㄚ XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. 黑執事
    漫畫 呵呵

    ReplyDelete
  5. 小卓:你竟然要我的狗混黑道!?
    (...不過是一個很不錯的點子XD)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah, jus draw anything U like~~ Ur style will come out soon. ^_^/
    Jia you jia you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hui: style got liao but dunno wat story.... thanks leh! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough