Japanese Hot Pot time 日本火鍋大餐

It's getting really cold in Tokyo now with everyday temperatures below 10 degrees.  What is a better food for winter than hot pot!? As expected, my smarty supermarket had already pumped up their shelves with lots of hot pot ingredients and soup base to embrace this demand. I soon joined in this delight with my multi-purpose rice cooker.
最近的東京每天氣溫都維持在攝氏10度以下。冬天的食物有什麼比火鍋更適合呢!?
當然,我附近的超市已經擺好了火鍋所需的湯底和材料了。 我和我的萬能飯鍋也因此加入了這個火鍋熱。

You can buy ready prepared packs like these with a modest price tag. Seafood in Japan is fresher than anything I'd eaten in Singapore! (with the exception of salmon)
火鍋的材料,如這海鮮拼都不會太貴。在日本吃到的海鮮都比我在新加坡吃到的更新鮮!(除了鮭魚以外)

My supermarket occasionally holds promotions like these, such as 10% off or 100yen discount. This black pork pack was on 40% off, oink!
我的超市有時會辦如打9折或100yen回扣的促銷。這黑豬肉打6折,哇哈哈!

This one is wagyu beef, heh heh heh. I couldn't wait and had already stripped off the bottom row for my hot pot. With only a sprinkle of salt and chinese cabbage, the beef tasted heavenly.
這是高級的和牛肉喔!因為已經迫不及待,底下一排已經被抓去下鍋了。只是撒點鹽和加入白菜,味道就已經一級棒了!

I was craving for crabs the other day after the supermarket's crab promotion fair. But alas, when I returned, all were gone, except for this crab sashimi from Russia, which had already been pre-boiled.
因為之前超市辦了一個螃蟹促銷會,所以前幾天突然狂想吃螃蟹。可惜當我回去的時候,全部都已經不在了,只剩下這包已水煮過,從俄羅斯過來的螃蟹sashimi。

But what? I need to thaw them first before I could eat them? I was confused, I'd never thawed crabs before so I just dumped them into my rice cooker to steam them instead.
但是要生吃這個還得必須先解凍?我很混亂,因為我從來沒有解凍螃蟹,所以我把全部丟進我的萬能飯鍋裡蒸。

It came out easily, and I live happily ever after :D
...and this is not the end! Muahahahaha~~~~~~

結果蟹肉還是很容易地就出來了,我也從此得到了幸福 :D
...這不是結局喔!哇哈哈哈~~~

Comments

  1. 好像很好吃哦!
    妳的萬能鍋還真好用啊,好像用電湯匙煮湯一樣
    蟹肉因該都是熟的吧!
    我也想吃...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 很好吃啦!
    只是火候難掌控,所以所幸煮好之後就關掉。
    蟹肉我提到是熟的啊~只是包裝說這還算生吃。
    那頓好貴,現在變窮了... ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good man...
    I would do it too, if not for the laziness to shop, cook, clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goh: You're too lazy!!! You need a maid :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough