EVACOMICS on 20th Jan, but whenever I post my link, Facebook will insist that it might be UNSAFE and I had to enter a captcha code!
To find a solution, I googled around and the closest one I got was from somebody who sent a registered mail to Ireland and the block was removed within 3 days. Unfortunately, there were a few people who replied to say that they followed his advise but their sites were unfortunately still blocked.
Things that I tried but didn't work for two weeks
1) The first thing I tried was to click the "let us know" link to report the mistake in the captcha code window. I did that almost everyday, but my blog was still blocked.
2) I thought maybe my request was buried among too many grievances so I asked my fans to help me. Unfortunately, after gathering like almost 80 fans to help, it still didn't work.
3) So I tried to report the problem by clicking the top right button to say there was a problem on Timeline, on Business Page, etc. Even replying to the auto-generated email:
4) To make it sound more convincing that my almost 5-year old blog (and 4 years of posting my blog link on FB) was safe, I even scanned it and sent the screenshot to Facebook:
5) I was getting somewhat desperate so I posted help on FB help center too and even under a thread that managed to get a FB Help Team member called Kelly.
The fastest and easiest solution that worked within an hour
For the first time in my life after using FB for 5 years, I paid for a Facebook ad.
Unfortunately, my link was still blocked even as an ad but it said that a team will be reviewing my ad to make sure it has quality safe content.
However I still felt insecure if it will work and decided to purchase another ad called "Clicks to Website" and entered my blog url:
Meanwhile I was chatting with my fans...
MY LINK WAS UNBLOCKED!!!
Other solutions (that you don't have to pay FB)
1) Pay for a custom domain url.
2) Use tinyurl.com to shortern the url so it becomes something else.
3) Move to another blogging platform (but I refused to because I have so many articles with blogspot)
Why was I blocked in the first place!?
There are several hypothesis on why I was blocked but since I never obtained feedback from ANY Facebook staff, I have no idea if they are true:
- Traffic from Facebook to my Blog was too high, so FB thought my site was spammy.
- Blogspot has too many spammy sites, so they thought I am one too (adding to above reason).
- Some people reported my link as spammy and adding to above reasons, made FB think my link was unsafe.
- They didn't like me using too many images from 3rd party url.
- They didn't like me using Google ads.
- They didn't like me not paying for any FB ads but still get so many likes and shares (they are jealous and want me to pay)
Do note that other higher traffic blogspot links were not blocked when I was blocked. I even checked higher traffic websites that were using Google ads and they were not blocked too. So I think the most likely reason was the combination of the first few.
Anyway, I am happy that $2 finally resolved the issue and I pray hope that my blog stays unblocked even after the ad campaign is over (which is like tomorrow). To get updates about my events, comics and quest to obtain that devil's figure, please follow me on the below channels ;P
Update (15 Feb 2015)
I received some questions if my method is still working. It is very strange that people who asked did not bother to check for themselves by going to my Facebook page and click the link to my blog to see if it is still blocked or not. Good news is, nearly 2 weeks had passed and it is still unblocked. I also received my ad report on it: