Comics: Copyrights 101


I did this comic because of the recent incident that my artwork was used by the Malaysian government for their mask distribution without my knowledge nor credit:
Photo credit: Sky Loo

A closer look:
Photo credit: Sky Loo

Here is my original artwork posted on my social media channels in Feb:

There were 2 versions, this was the first version with my eyes open. The second expanded version had my eyes closed to look sick: https://www.facebook.com/evacomics/posts/10157174688703315

As it was posted with another instructional comic, so I did not sign this particular page. Because the comic was used for a good cause and given away for free with the masks to protect people from the virus, so I accepted the apology from APM, the department in-charge of the infographics, that they did not know who drew it. However I would like to emphasize that it doesn't mean you can happily take anything from the internet to redistribute it without permission from the copyright owner, even if it is for a non-profit purpose. I hope they learnt their lesson and of course I will remember to sign every page of my comic from now on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough