Tokyo Designers Week 2011 東京設計展

A brief entry about a trip to Tokyo Designers Week. (We don't know why a maid cosplayer was there...) but the blue tiger mascot was from the main sponsor Chintai, a real estate company. Entrance fee was 2000yen.
昨天去了一個設計展覽,入場券是2000yen。說是設計展覽,不知道為什麼會有男扮女僕在現場!? 藍色的老虎是主要贊助商的吉祥物。

The mascot's tail was irresistible to touch, so much so that the assistant had to constantly warn people off! We figure that if you're an ugly guy and having trouble to get close to girls, being dressed as a cute mascot will get you unprecedented attention :P
因為尾巴太誘人了,所以助理只好一直提醒大家不要亂動它的尾巴!假如你一直很想跟女生接觸的話,扮成一隻超可愛的動物會讓你立刻成為焦點。

We particularly like this big installation...why?
我們最喜歡的就是這個!
 
Because it's actually a "donation box"! It was so cool that my friend and I tried to find those 1 yen slot to stuff his coins. Naturally, the 1 yen slots were the most difficult to find.
因為原來是徵求捐款的大型雕塑!酷吧!?所以朋友忍不住拿出1yen,當然1yen的洞已經幾乎被填滿了!

I really like this cake table and a couple of other designer looking expensive lights and furniture. If I'm rich or have my own house, I'll buy 'em all! XD
很喜歡這些蛋糕桌子!也很喜歡一些展出的燈飾和傢俱,都很有“設計的味道”。假如我很有錢會把他們都買下,佈置我的工作室!呵呵呵~

One part of the exhibition was rather interesting, using wood to divide and support the exhibits. Can be easily recycled too after exhibition.
這小展覽以特別的方式展出物品,木頭展後也很容易處理或再循環。

There was an installation of plastic bottles that kids love because whacking them produced musical notes. But of course, we hear noise instead.
也有用空瓶子發出音符的裝置,深受小孩喜愛~

Toyo Ink booth was holding a lucky draw, so we tried our luck. Too bad we didn't win anything but received their Color Finder.
某墨水公司有抽獎,可惜我們什麼都沒贏到,拿了他們的墨水表。

It is quite a handsome set indeed, only useful for designers and printers. Color slips were encased in wooden shelf. I'd never used Toyo ink before, only Pantone for my namecards. Maybe I'll ask my printers back home if they use Toyo. I have an extra set, so if anybody in Tokyo or Singapore wants it, I can give it to you. Redeemed :P
這東西的設計也很酷!不過只有對設計師或印刷商有用。可惜我印名片的時候是用pantone,下次問問印刷的有沒有用Toyo吧!

Comments

  1. me me lol! interesting! colour chart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan: lol, you're fast sia! I sticked your name on the box already. Will bring it home next year and meet you up :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. 存錢的大型雕塑好棒@口@!!設計費會有補貼XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. 小卓:對啊!真是一個不錯的idea!只是得花時間做。

    Kelvin: No need photo lah, everyone says the comic character really look like me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where to buy COPIC markers in Tokyo

Boiled coke and ginger lemon for cough